Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Deciding on a New Apartment

About 20 minutes after I wrote about finding my new apartment, one of the girls emailed me to say that she'll be moving out in September or October because she just found out that she's pregnant. She wanted me to know upfront in case it affected my decision.

I emailed her back to say that I needed time to think about it, and I've been doing just that ever since. The thing I'm most concerned about is that a lot can happen between now and October, and I don't want to be living in tiny quarters with a newborn if she ended up not moving out for some reason.

I talked to my mom and a couple of friends about it, and I think I've decided that I'm still going to take the apartment. Even if worse came to worse, my lease would be up in January so I could move out then, but I really don't think that will be neccessary. The girl is being very upfront and honest about the situation, and when I mentioned my concern, she assured me that she would 100% be moving out because there's no space for a baby in her current room. She also mentioned that of the people they've seen, I'm their first choice to move in, which makes me feel good that we all felt the same good vibes with each other.

So by the end of the month, I'll be living in a new place. I'm slightly more apprehensive about it now then I was before I knew about the pregnancy, but overall I'm really excited. Change is hard for some people, but I think I actually thrive on it a little. It's a new adventure full of new opportunities.

Now I just have to figure out the most economical way to move my stuff there.

No comments: