Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Allocating My Economic Stimulus Check

Paid Twice's post about the economic stimulus check reminded me that I should post about what I plan to do with mine.

I've seen lots of articles about how you should spend it to stimulate the economy or how putting it on debt and/or saving it actually does stimulate the economy. Truthfully, I have no idea what to make of all of it, and I really couldn't care. I think the whole idea of the stimulus package is pretty stupid. It's just a political move in the big game that is the election.

That said, I'll gladly take any money that comes my way, and I'll definitely be putting every penny of this check toward debt. I have goals and a plan, and it doesn't matter where the money comes from or what it's "supposed" to be for. Any money that comes into my budget goes straight out to achieve those goals.

No comments: