Thursday, December 6, 2007

Recipe: TV Girl's Morning Oatmeal

Today's recipe is what I enjoy for breakfast nearly every morning. It's healthy, simple, cheap, and highly customizable.

1/4 cup Oatmeal
1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup Vanilla Yogurt
Some frozen fruit or berries

Make the oatmeal according to the microwave directions on the package (oatmeal + water in a bowl, then microwave for a minute and a half). Stir in the fruit or berries (blueberries are my favorite) and let them sit for a couple minutes to defrost. Stir in the yogurt and enjoy!

Note: fresh fruit works as well, but for me that leaves the oatmeal too warm and it tastes weird after I put the yogurt in, so if I'm using fresh fruit I put the cooked oatmeal in the freezer for a minute or so to cool it off a little.

I'd love to hear if anyone tries this! Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for customizing it.

No comments: