Monday, May 5, 2008

Apartment Shopping and Laptop Stress

Wow, I'm a terrible blogger. You guys must wonder where I go for days at a time. Mostly I just get distracted with other things - usually tv, of course. Most shows are back on after the looooong writers' strike induced hiatus

I've also been looking for a new place to live. One of my current roommates is moving out, and I don't really want to live with the one who's staying, so I'm apartment shopping. I've been looking on Craigslist for another roommate situation, and I've found a couple possibilities, but nothing that sounds like the perfect situation. I want to find something close to work, with nice, quiet roommates. I'd also like to have a good sized room and my own bathroom, but those things are more negotiable. The biggest obstacle is that the closer I get to where I work, the more expensive things tend to be. I don't have a set date that I have to move though, so I'll just keep looking till I find the right situation.

I'm also dealing with a malfunctioning laptop right now, which is not fun at all. The only copy of my budget is on that laptop, so I'm kind of freaking out because I can't get it to start up. I'm going to try again tonight. Hopefully I can at least get it to start in safe mode so I can get some of the files off it. As soon as I figure all of that out, I'll do a networth update.

No comments: