Friday, March 28, 2008

Is It April Yet?

I always feel antsy about my finances in the last few days of the month.

After I've done my last grocery store trip for the month and I know I don't have any other expenditures to make, I just want the month to be over so that I can make my debt payments and update my net worth. I always wait to do these things until the month is really over because you never know what sorts of emergencies could crop up on the 30th or 31st that could force me to tweak the budget, so I always sort of feel like, "Ugh, is it the 1st yet?" Kinda like a kid saying, "Are we there yet?" on a road trip.

I'm impatient about making progress, and since I've pretty much made all the progress I'm going to make this month, I want to update the numbers, put it behind me with an air of satisfaction, and start fresh with a new month of possibilities.

Is it April yet?

No comments: