Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Time Flies When You're Not Spending Money

Whew! Where did the week go? I spent Thanksgiving weekend at my parent's place, and I thought I would have time to post while I was there, but intentions got me nowhere. Things were hectic (but fun) and being away from home put me off kilter. I'll be sure to let you guys know before I leave the next time a take a trip so I don't leave you hanging.

I still feel like I'm playing catch up after being gone. I looked at my budget last night, entering a few receipts from my trip and finalizing the numbers on some of my variable bills. I feel like I've spent a ton of money lately, but that's mostly because I've been buying Christmas presents.

Besides gifts for other people, I did a really great job of staying on budget over the weekend, especially on Black Friday. I ended up not spending a dime on sales that day because there wasn't anything I was particularly interested in, but I did still go so I could keep my mom company in line at 3 a.m. There were a couple of things that I might have bought in years past, but they were more than I'd planned to spend, and I didn't really need or want them that much anyway so I resisted. Now I'm really glad I did because I can snowflake that money to my debt.

I did have one frustrating financial conversation with my mother that will probably merit it's own post, but all in all it was a good trip and I'm glad to be back.

No comments: